Wednesday, March 30, 2022

A Carpenters Plane

Did the block plane wear down to fit my hand just perfectly so, 
20 years after I bought it, sharpened it again and again, I know my hand has actually bent to fit it. There is a method of peeling away a consistent strip. Not too much, not too little. 
Is 100$ a lot to win? 
If I risk pennies. Zoom in, Large.
If I risk hundreds? Zoom out, small.
Was it a good life? if I count up all the things stored in my attic? 
 Or all the things I haven't. I have no war in my front yard.  I have no ache in my bones. Yet. 
Where does the game tree fork off into the abyss? 
We can all see the same things that we can grab with our hands. Right here right now. 
Embracing the other side is a beautiful venture. Keeps me here, as a kid with a kite. Cutting the wind. 
Line always moving, and in this moment, we cut right to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment