Friday, February 4, 2022

A large burning wooden elephant

Lay down

I will wrap you in blankets, and cut the lights

Fully in, swimming, silent, soon to dream, eyes still open

follow me once.

slide the vernier scale to the graduation

align the scope to the stake

drop a string from the tangent

and make a mark.


I started this project before knowing exactly why

Process is my elixer

most of the time.

Align the nights events with this allegory

Parlayed through wretched morning

I laid this old pickup truck to rest deep in a forest

and the first tree found its home

through the rust 

the same way purpose marries itself to our rib cage

the way ice cream finds its way to the smile

We didn't wait for the music this time

We opened our ears to a quiet winter forest

We Invited them

 after the party.


I went through one of the greatest creative periods of my life

the last few years.

However the last 2 years have been dry.

Frozen, my hands, my heart. 

Before...


I was in love. 


No comments:

Post a Comment