Monday, January 27, 2020

I have to promise my mother

I will never go insane.
the end.
but Jesus.
i have to make kids
i have to continue
live between the guitar strums of "everloving" by Moby
she loved Fastball
everyone can see the road that they walked on was paved in gold
its alway summer it never gets cold\

this is lame
the way I present this to you

I want you  to know that my mothers love
washes over you like an atom bombs light
the recounting of a soldier authentic
can see the light of the plume
through eyelid and hand
can see the bones and contours within
a map to your truth
she knows what you like
and serves cake with wisdom

I have a friend 
who cries to us
come in come in
while the twilights warm and the earth doesnt know
that we have ended it
with our anger and our machines
this moment between thriving and desolate
this time before the earth knows we have given up
on her.
this time in a relationship
when we are not speaking
but wondering
if the other still writes poems about ut
or thinks about us.

while the twilights warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment