Sunday, August 25, 2019

I fell dark

I awake groggy
Open door to the cabinet
beginning to rot
the upper hinge almost at failure
pour a glass
my ribs have grown stiff
filled with a certain absence
no fire in these veins, no whiskey in my coffee
a very specific jingle of metal comes from a soft machine
tingles on my skin
and I begin another square box
wind howls across the field
New Calender page

I open from the front to my dearest friends
beginning to rot
Growing into the old abandoned vehicle
I am.
claiming the frame as the steel surrenders
covering the petina slowly with my leaf canopy
slowing the litefast pitch from leaving us
the mice move swiftly
picking the most convenient fibers in between the seat springs
tires deflate
papers disentegrate 
the forest closes in
forgotten
I fell dark
Took our song outside 
and the sky closed its eyes
to fully take in our sentiment

you arrive
porchlight shrouds you
moths celebrating about you
light sparkling from the inside
grinding rust from the frame
cutting branches from the windows
Your heart pumps new
tires inflate full
this old car explodes back into its factory form
pristine
instantly
like a bomb
lit by a match.
matched by fate
Thank you for lighting me up

No comments:

Post a Comment