Tuesday, June 13, 2023

All Gravities

I had it 

for a moment, 

half asleep

balanced between all gravities 

and space

I knew my truth

my lighthouse location

A railroad spike sticking out of the new hardwood floor

how could I miss it? 

the next day I awake groggy and off course again.

Oh well

When the lawn gets cut, and the sun is coming through

the birds find hope.

the first bird is the crazy one. up at 430am. 

I start the rumbling machine. 

scurry away. watch from a branch. 



I know there will be a day when im truly all alone

when my last dear friend has perished. 

Or will I be the one who goes first?

I suppose the best time would be somewhere in between. 
I want to see how you all do it.

How you manage the pursuit of purpose. 
Did you make up a good one?

Did the book present it to you plainly?
did you stumble through the doorway and declare it?
The occasions are nice. 
I suppose Ill lay in a hospital bed and remember you all in suits. Ill remember the train rides. 
I promise you that dad. 

Somewhere between the gravity of Jupiter

And the weightlessness of a dark spot in space

the war on TV,

and mothers meal

did you find purpose?

do you say, someday that you will help

Youll use your precious shrinking stamina to lessen suffering somewhere? 
All Gravities

Do you drive til you find that edge

and imagine the disappointment your wake would leave?




No comments:

Post a Comment