Monday, June 19, 2023

A hand sewn starry cloak

Ill have you know that I created this cloak myself

I have sewn every star on, stood against the dark

and became sky to anyone who chose to believe in me

Along the edge of each star is a story line

 I made sure to stumble from straight

so you can be sure these were not machine made

 I left the perfect for those distant galaxies

while out here alone in the cold, I wrote a letter. Something I wish all my friends would have done before they crossed over.

(she reads aloud) 

I hope I made the moon appear large 

while you were here. Thats why I stood there in that light. That night. Directly in the way. With a smile.

And,  

I hope that you couldn't see right through me

Id like to think I refracted like the hidden wine

Not so dark that you couldn't make your way

and not so reflective that you simply saw yourself

I was here to turn the dials

 curate pigment and pixel

deliver the continuum

in the spirit of delight

and I hope you noticed, that I added in ghost notes

so the rhythm could find your bones.



No comments:

Post a Comment